How do I take a screenshot of a sprite using different devices and always get the same content?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi.

I'm trying to take a screenshot of a specific sprite (named chart_1 and with measurements 374x490) and make the saved image have all of the sprite content regardless of the size of the device where the screenshot is taken.

I use this way to take the screenshot:

The layout has measurements of 960x540 and the sprite is in the center

When clicking on the preview button of construct 3, and taking the screenshot, the image that is stored is the following:

here the screen that is executed has a size of 960x540 capturing all the content of the sprite:

The problem is that if the device with which the screenshot is taken is of a size other than 960x540 (such as a mobile) the screenshot that is saved does not have all the content of the sprite

with which, the content of the sprite does not appear complete (although the size of the screenshot is 374x490 in both cases)

I hope I have explained it clearly and you can help me

Tagged:

• I offered you 1 year subscription construct 3

• oh wow!!, thank you very much!!

• ur canvas snapshot doesnt go where the sprite is... it takes the center of the screen or layout... try adjusting the canvassnapshot position if there is a function for it.

based on ur image.... for canvasX use only bboxleft (or image.X) and for canvasY use only image.y

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I did, but the screenshots still capture different areas of the sprite based on the size of the device the screenshot was taken with and not the entire sprite.

Any other solution, please?

• I did, but the screenshots still capture different areas of the sprite based on the size of the device the screenshot was taken with and not the entire sprite.

Any other solution, please?

hmmm... its a scale issue then... try scale the layout or canvassnapshot size if possible... i remember doing this a long time ago had a similar problem, but it was all about position and layout/camera scale... which i know sounds counterintuitive but won't affect ur sprite size quality or atleast wasnt in my case.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)