HOW CAN I MAKE SCREEN SCROLLABLE VERTICALLY FOR MOBILE?

1 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • so what I wanna do is displaying many images vertically

so screen should be scrollable to see many images in one screen without going to another page

hope to watch some tutorial videos for making general apps but can't find :/

• so what I wanna do is displaying many images vertically

so screen should be scrollable to see many images in one screen without going to another page

hope to watch some tutorial videos for making general apps but can't find :/

It can be done in different ways, depends on how you want your app to be made, for example if you want the screen to be big and just have the images already put there you can use this example using scroll to y. If you want to have a loading list that creates objects and you have the layout a fixed size, then you need to pin the listed objects to a container that is dragable using drag and drop. Those are the easiest ways to make a vertical or horizontal scrolling effect. if you want some more advanced stuff there should be plenty in the learn area or in the old Construct 2 tutorial area found still here, might be removed soon, so scout it fast. One good advanced tutorial for sliders with inertia for mobiles is this one.

The above are my personal picks, but there might be even better and simpler ones. I remember one in Construct 2 as a C2 template coming with the editor itself. Not sure if is still available in C3.

• is it also possible to store images in firebase and load them one by one when keep scrolling down the screen? This is the one I want to make. (like 9gag infinite scrolling with many images)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is it also possible to store images in firebase and load them one by one when keep scrolling down the screen? This is the one I want to make. (like 9gag infinite scrolling with many images)

If the sprite load img from url works then yes, would be possible, you would create a empty sprite and load a image url from Firebase and in theory should work. However i never used Firebase so i leave that answer to someone who already did it.

However you would have to create a tiledbackground lets say and increase its size whenever a new image is loaded and use drag and drop, or a custom scroll to lets say to move the tiledbackground in reverse of mouse/touch position which would move the pinned image sprites with it up and down. Again in theory is doable.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)