How do I scatter object instances at different angles?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi,

I have an object that, upon a Touch event, is impulsed at angle away from the touch coords using Physics.

I expected that, upon dragging a new instance of the same object to the Layout at a different position, the Touch even would impulse each instance at a different angle.

What is happening though, is that both instances are being impulsed in parallel - using the same angle.

How can I achieve the desired effect - having each instance calculate the impulse angle independently?

• Replace the impulse angle that you are using with a range, you can use random(x,y) to select a value from a range, or choose(x,y,z) to select a random angle from a selection.

• The thing is, I don't want a random scatter, I want the angle to be a push originating from the Touch position outwards.

I don't think random() would help that, am I right?

I have a Touch event, which gives me Touch.X and Touch.Y, and 2 instances of the same object, each on a distinct X and Y position.

I tried to calculate:

On Touch event: Apply Physics impulse 1 at angle: angle(Touch.X, Touch.Y, boss.X, boss.Y)

But it does not consider the 2 instances of the boss Sprite independent X and Y coordinates, which is what I am aiming for.

Please advise.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Rephrasing:

I want to On Touch, For Each instance object of Sprite boss, to push it radially from the Touch tap coords.

I already have an Event:

On Touch For Each boss on boss: apply Physics impulse 1 at angle angle(Touch.X, Touch.Y, boss.X, boss.Y)

My latest guess is that this is not the way , because the on boss might be picking only the first instance to calculate the angle (boss.X, boss.Y), but I can't figure out how to pick the chosen instance inside the loop.

• The logic you've put there is correct so let's see the structure in the event sheet if it's not working

• To answer my own question, in my project I had another solution to a previous problem (how to preserve constant linear speed after every collision bounce), that was made for a single object (boss). that used a single variable to store the angle. when increasing the number of objects, when rectifying the speed, it also changed the direction of all objects to a single one.

I changed that part to work inside the For Each loop to account for multiple objects, and now it's working.

• Ok great

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)