Where saved a saved game data?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • What file on the computer contains the saved data from the game Construct?

• https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/local-storage

Local Storage works offline, since it stores data to the device itself. Different browsers use different storages, so data is not shared between different browsers on the same computer - each browser has its own unique storage. This is also separate to the browser cache, which is temporary storage to avoid needlessly re-downloading the same files over and over again. However the user can usually still choose to clear local storage data from their browser (with an option perhaps named something like "clear offline website data"). Non-browser export options like NW.js, Cordova or Windows Store apps are not affected by the user clearing any amount of data from any browser, they also use separate storage. Finally for security reasons browsers use separate storage per domain. For example all content on construct.net shares the same storage, but content on facebook.com uses a different storage and cannot access any data saved from construct.net.

As described in the manual, each browser has its own default directory for saving data, so it is not Construct that decides where to save the data, but rather the browser currently used by the player.

• https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/local-storage

> Local Storage works offline, since it stores data to the device itself. Different browsers use different storages, so data is not shared between different browsers on the same computer - each browser has its own unique storage. This is also separate to the browser cache, which is temporary storage to avoid needlessly re-downloading the same files over and over again. However the user can usually still choose to clear local storage data from their browser (with an option perhaps named something like "clear offline website data"). Non-browser export options like NW.js, Cordova or Windows Store apps are not affected by the user clearing any amount of data from any browser, they also use separate storage. Finally for security reasons browsers use separate storage per domain. For example all content on construct.net shares the same storage, but content on facebook.com uses a different storage and cannot access any data saved from construct.net.

As described in the manual, each browser has its own default directory for saving data, so it is not Construct that decides where to save the data, but rather the browser currently used by the player.

And how do you actually find out where the browser is saving data?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've never looked for browser save files on my computer, but I'm sure by doing a simple search you can find the directory you're looking for depending on the browser you use.

If you use Chrome the save files will probably be in a location similar to this:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

Probably someone with more experience than me will be able to tell you the exact file path for each browser.

• I've never looked for browser save files on my computer, but I'm sure by doing a simple search you can find the directory you're looking for depending on the browser you use.

If you use Chrome the save files will probably be in a location similar to this:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

Probably someone with more experience than me will be able to tell you the exact file path for each browser.

Thx bro! U help me!

I found a saves in C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/GAMENAME

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)