How do I save player achievements using a LOCAL STORAGE & ARRAYS?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • In my game, players can get achievements by doing certain actions (right now I have a temporary conditions where I press letter Q to activate achievement 1, and press letter W to activate achievement 2). I want to set my game so that when the player dies (health is less than or equal to zero - event 60), the player will save ("carry") their achievements with them until the game is closed. I am using a LOCAL STORAGE & an ARRAY to save the activated achievements.

Currently, when I debug the project, I can see that the LOCAL STORAGE is saving the ARRAY data when the achievement is activated as expected (event #107, which calls the FUNCTION SAVE (event #127)). When the player dies, and selects a map from the MAPPICKSCREEN layout, it resets the achievements (ARRAYS values - Achievements.json) back to default...

# click on the START button

# Click on a Map

# Open Debug Project

# Go to Object Local Storage

# Play the game

# Press Q (to activate the achievement) - this is where the first value in the array will change to "TRUE"

# Then Die (let the snakes reach the end which will trigger HEALTH less or equal to zero)

# Then click on the START button

# Click on a Map

# You will see that the values in the LOCAL STORAGE reset back to default

I have spent a few hours trying to get the achievements to carry over without success. I would truly appreciate any help you can provide me. I have attached the .c3p file for your review.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)