Can i run construct 2 and 3 side by side?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • So i have actual ongoing work with construct 2 and to be honest i am not that impressed with the change in the license for construct 3... it goes from a purchased item to a yearly subscription.

Add to that the "build service" that seems to be mentioned whenever you say construct 3 export, and i just see "cloud" everywhere which = fees for everything.

So, while i am still to be convinced that there is any practical difference in Construct 3, i do have real world IT reason not to upgrade...deadlines and clients.

Which begs the question, can i run construct 3 side by side with 2 so that i can ensure no downtime on migration?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Off course you can

Try the free version of C3 and test for yourself.

• Are you asking if you can have the same project open (and edited) in both C2 and C3 at the same time while you develop?

no no

• Thanks for your replies.

I just mean having them both on my system side by side. I don't intend to interchange projects between them, just keep my my construct 2 projects as that and create new projects in construct 3.

My question is based on the license. i think i get a year on C3 based on when i got C2 license. I am worried about ongoing support of construct 2 apps i have developed if i move to C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)