How do I make RUN animation to WALK animation?

1 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hello!

I'm a beginner. I'm experimenting with a 2D platformer project.

Someone can tell me how I can switch from walking animation to running animation and back.

Thanks in advance.

• Depends what the conditions are for running, but you add a condition like 'key is down' then set animation to RUN.

• Hello.

I will not give you a direct answer.

It is impossible to answer this question quickly in a nutshell.

Because interconnectedness follows from this.

If you answer it, you will have to write an article.

Wouldn't it be better for you to start learning with the built-in lessons of Construct 3 try it step by step

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello.

I will not give you a direct answer.

It is impossible to answer this question quickly in a nutshell.

Because interconnectedness follows from this.

If you answer it, you will have to write an article.

Wouldn't it be better for you to start learning with the built-in lessons of Construct 3 try it step by step

It's impossible to answer? It's changing one animation for another m8

• Are you using a trigger to run? Like a button or just the behaviour acceleration?

Edit: If you have platform behaviour you can compare Player.Platform.Speed ... lets say that If Player.Platform.Speed > 300 Play Running animation and If Player.Platform.Speed <= 300 Play Walk animation

• > Hello.

>

> I will not give you a direct answer.

>

> It is impossible to answer this question quickly in a nutshell.

>

> Because interconnectedness follows from this.

>

> If you answer it, you will have to write an article.

>

> Wouldn't it be better for you to start learning with the built-in lessons of Construct 3 try it step by step

It's impossible to answer? It's changing one animation for another m8

You will not be able to explain it as you yourself understand, because there must be a basic understanding to understand what you are talking about.

You need to have a basic knowledge of animation.

• Thanks for the reply everyone!

So, I made an animation to walk and an animation to run. I want that when I press a button (X box controller shoulder trigger) the character to go on with the run animation until I release the button. It all works, too, but my running animation doesn’t finish. The character slides with the first frame of the animation.

• Did you set "Loop" to "On" in the animation settings?

• Yes, I set loop and int the preview show the full animation in loop.

• In that case instead of "Button is down", use "On button pressed", and add "Run animation is not playing" condition to events 3 and 4 so "Walk" animation doesn't overide "Run" animation

Edit : in event 9, add a sub-event checking analog stick axis so if player if not moving, set the animation back to "Idle"

• Ok. I feel so stupid. How can I add that "Run animation is not playing" condition to events 3 and 4"?

• Add "Animation is playing" condition and invert it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)