Rotating a sprite...

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • I have a sprite called Starburst that I want to rotate when certain conditions are met. Currently I have the following, but nothing happens:

System > Trigger once > starburst > Set rotate speed to 45 degrees per second.

starburst > enable effect "Rotate"

What am I missing to get this to work?

Thanks all :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • System > Trigger once > starburst > Set rotate speed to 45 degrees per second.

starburst > enable effect "Rotate"

Maybe you need "something" trigger before "system > trigger once" ?

I dont know if this .c3p that I made for other post could show a little bit that related to your condition

dropbox.com/s/mpbz9r9kcxbaz4z/testRollPlatformer.c3p

From unrelated post : construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/how-do-i-make-a-ball-roll-down-139612

• >

> System > Trigger once > starburst > Set rotate speed to 45 degrees per second.

> starburst > enable effect "Rotate"

Maybe you need "something" trigger before "system > trigger once" ?

I dont know if this .c3p that I made for other post could show a little bit that related to your condition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpbz9r9kcxbaz4z/testRollPlatformer.c3p

From unrelated post : construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/how-do-i-make-a-ball-roll-down-139612

I do have something that triggers the event...

System > Score = 5

-- System > Trigger once > starburst > Set Rotate speed to 45 degrees per second.

--------------------------- starburst > enable effect "Rotate"

There's another event in the full event that runs when it should, so the full even t looks like this:

System > Score = 5

-- System > Trigger once > System > Create object StarParticles on Layer 10 at (240, 1087)

--------------------------- starburst > Set Rotate speed to 45 degrees per second

--------------------------- starburst > enable effect "Rotate"

The event to create the StarParticles runs fine - but the rotate doesn't run.

The file you attached (testRollPlatformer.c3p) doesn't open in my version of C3 - error message: Failed to open project. Check it is a valid Construct 3 single-file (.c3p) project.

• Fixed it.

Rather than:

Enable effect "Rotate"

I used:

Set Rotate Enabled

Thanks for your help :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)