How do I roll back to release 37?, if I saved my game to release 38.2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • As above, I know how to open up a release, but because I saved my game to release 38.2 if I use an earlier release, pop up says saved with future release.

The new release gives me a white screen when I go full screen. I know this was one of the bugs they were looking into.

Ta

• Rename c3p file into zip, unzip it into a folder and open .c3proj file in notepad or similar text editor.

Change version number in these keys:

Note, that this may not work if you've used any of the new features from v 38.2, which were not available in 37.

• Roger that Dop, thank you very much man. Appreciated.

• Rename c3p file into zip, unzip it into a folder and open .c3proj file in notepad or similar text editor.

Note, that this may not work if you've used any of the new features from v 38.2, which were not available in 37.

Sorry bud, I have tried loads of times, i save the fie but it just downloads as the construct circle, it docent unzip into different files?

If i open it in word pad its all jumbled?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

• You need to enable showing file extensions in Windows..

After that you should see your project file as filename.c3p, rename it to filename.zip

After unpacking and making changes to .c3proj file, you should be able to open this project in Construct editor (no need to zip and rename again).

• Fab, thanks for that Dop.

• You need to enable showing file extensions in Windows..

After that you should see your project file as filename.c3p, rename it to filename.zip

After unpacking and making changes to .c3proj file, you should be able to open this project in Construct editor (no need to zip and rename again).

So sorry dop,

I have done everything and

I try to open it but it says it needs to be in a single file format?

• Pour C2, pour C3, je ne sais pas si ça fonctionne:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/how-do-i-open-a-recent-project-79396

• Sigh...

Why did you change extension for "project.c3proj" file?? Rename it back from "project.c3p" to "project.c3proj"

Go back to "bamboo forest.c3p" file. Rename it to "bamboo forest.zip"

Extract files from "bamboo forest.zip" into an empty folder.

Open "project.c3proj" file in Notepad++, make changes, save.

Don't do anything else. Try opening this file in Construct 3 editor.

If successful, make a backup copy of the entire project.

• Sorry for being a total layman Dop.

Thanks, I will do this when I get home.

Thanks man

• Pour C2, pour C3, je ne sais pas si ça fonctionne:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/how-do-i-open-a-recent-project-79396

Merci

• Sigh...

Why did you change extension for "project.c3proj" file?? Rename it back from "project.c3p" to "project.c3proj"

Go back to "bamboo forest.c3p" file. Rename it to "bamboo forest.zip"

Extract files from "bamboo forest.zip" into an empty folder.

Open "project.c3proj" file in Notepad++, make changes, save.

Don't do anything else. Try opening this file in Construct 3 editor.

If successful, make a backup copy of the entire project.

• Hi man, I have literally tried for 5 hours, I have ve zipped exactly the way you said.

If i just download the game, i can open it no bother, as soon as the game splits into separate folders, it docent let me open the proj file. I have zipped, unzipped and compressed, but my brain cant take it anymore. My brain is compressed into a ball of frustration.

It must be something my end.

Thanks for trying though!

• Why did you put a dot in "savedWithRelease" line? If it contained 13802, you need to replace it with 13700

If this doesn't help, please post you file. I don't know what you are doing wrong, but it will definitely be easier to change it myself...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)