How do I make the Rocket Barrel Template landscape?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • C3/Mobile

I've been playing with the Rocket Barrel Template for a couple of hours. It looks fun, but tipping the phone forward in portrait isn't ideal because the player can't see the screen - it would make more sense in landscape, but I can't figure out what to edit to get it in landscape.

It would be a great 1920 x 1080 game.

Anyone know what to change? I keep getting close, but not exactly.

Thanks.

• There is an orientation project property iirc.

You probably also want to change the viewport aspect ratio.

I think there is also an action in the browser object that pertains to orientation as well.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oosyrag

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it's the orientation I'm having issues with. I'm not sure which of the code I need to change.

I'm messing around with the arrow sub-events on 11-14, but there's something else, because that's not working.

I think it has to do with line 10, but not sure how to edit that.

This is what I have thus far: drive.google.com/file/d/1TunWRkgPyS8e5cLYmEjQzSHNo9od3bcs/view

But it only works if the phone is tipped forward a small bit, if the phone isn't tipped forward a little it stops working.

(the image is a fresh copy and not my mangled code)

• I don't have experience with the accelerometer, but I suspect you don't have to change any events at all.

This is what I was referring to.

If simply forcing the orientation doesn't work, then for the gyroscope controls you'll want to swap touch.beta and touch.gamma wherever they are used, such as in event 9. I don't believe you'll need to change the angles in the control events. To invert forward and backwards/left and right for the gyroscope, swap the + for - before the touch.beta/gamma expressions respectively.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)