Get rid of popping sound

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Hey everyone!

I have a rather strange (according to me) issue. When i'm trying my game on different devices, everything works as intended, except for one thing. On iPad pro and on desktop the audio works fine. But on iPhone X there is a popping sound being present on some of my stages. The music that is playing makes strange random popping sounds as if the speaker was damaged. But this happens on every iphone X I try on. I also have other songs and they do not pop on the iPhone X.

The only difference between the "popping" songs and the ones without the pop is the kHz. All of the popping songs are in 44.1 kHz and the ones without popping are in 48 kHz. Could this be a problem and are we recommended to use songs with 48 kHz instead of 44.1 kHz?

I read this in the documentation

"If you intend to use this value it is recommended to use an FFT size of 1024, because at a system sample rate of 44.1 KHz the value will update about 43 times a second. Games usually run at 60 FPS, and smaller FFT sizes may cause FFT windows to be missed since they change faster than the framerate."

But I didn't understand how and what I should do with FFT size of 1024.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)