RGPD cookies

0 favourites
  • Very interesting discussion.

What about webapp made with Construct that don't use Admob ? Is webstorage (used to keep game status in user device) RGPD compliant and can be uses without warning and consent ?

• The EU documents doesn't really state "cookies" specifically. HTML5 Local Storage is the same as using cookies. What matter is the purpose of the data to save. Only tecjnically "necessary" data is allowed to save without consent.

Basicallt this means only first-party session data. (The most common example is to save items in a shopping cart in one session)

If you save data persistent, or if you save third party cookies, I guess it always needs consent.

In the new Google UMP consent SDK, you must give consent for:

"Store and/or access information on a device"

You can try to search other forums for similar questions:

stackoverflow.com/questions/64587630/cookies-acceptance-policy-and-localstorage-and-sessionstorage

• Thank you fredriksthlm

Since Datastorage and other data collection are very common in games created with Construct, I think the dev team should propose a regular plug-in for data storage consent. What do you think Ashley ?

• I guess the Google UMP will be part of the new Advert plugin.

But to create some own framework for this doesn't seem like a good idea, since it is complicated laws and directives which are constantly changing.

• Actually, there's a 3rd party plugin only dedicated to Google Analytics that allows to disable cookies imcsw.com/2019/07/15/handy-utilities-plugin

But I'm sure something can be made with as many options as needed to allow us to easily update our games to new rules

• Hi everyone!

I understand that when using localStorage to save language preferences, saved games or others, you do not need consent, but you have to notice that you are going to use it (that is, they are mandatory, but the user has to know what you are saving. It does not have to be expressly, but it does in a privacy policy).

And for plugins they do have to give their express consent, as in MovileAdvert, which right now does not comply with the RGPD because it continues to use cookies (or whatever) even if you choose the option of NOT showing personalized ads. To comply with the rgpd law, MovileAdvert should not show any ads and disable all cookies from that plugin. So the plugin, right now, is deprecated. That plug-in would have to be updated to allow disabling all cookies. (I know it suks, but it has to).

From Admob:

Although non-personalized ads don’t use cookies or mobile ad identifiers for ad targeting, they do still use cookies or mobile ad identifiers for frequency capping, aggregated ad reporting, and to combat fraud and abuse. Therefore, you must obtain consent to use cookies or mobile ad identifiers for those purposes where legally required, per the ePrivacy Directive in certain EEA countries.

I know, it has no sense...

If they deny consent, what happens? You cannot use non-essential cookies.

What good are NON-personalized ads if they continue to violate the GDPR?

It would have to be: Personalized ads or nothing.

It's contradictory.

Is there a "manual" way to disable cookies in a Construct 3 application?

Specifically those used by MovileAdvert (in case the user decides to deactivate them and not see ANY advertisement).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there any way to disable MovileAdvert (completely: cookies..) while the application is running?

For example: User press a button and then the plugin is disabled.

In this way a legal consent could be made

• there is a method removeAllCookies to clear cookies so should be possible.

also seems to exist a lot of different cordova plugins for clearing cookies, so just search for it. you will though need to build with the cli or android studio

• Point is RGPD not only applies to app that can be dealed with cordova but essentially to websites, that is the case for many games.

The best solution I guess, is to ask scirra to develop a specific plug in to deal with it and to make it versatile enough to allow users to adapt it easily to new regulation changes

• Point is RGPD not only applies to app that can be dealed with cordova but essentially to websites, that is the case for many games.

The best solution I guess, is to ask scirra to develop a specific plug in to deal with it and to make it versatile enough to allow users to adapt it easily to new regulation changes

Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)