How do I resume my game?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi! This "attention" pop up will appear when the player lose 1 lives, they can resume playing the game when they touch the "continue play" button. My pop up manage to appear but I don't understand how to make it disappear and allow the player to resume where he/her stopped..... I've attached my event sheet too. thank u for yr help

• It's your 3rd post about the same pop up window, you should ask all these questions in one post..

Event 23 is running on every tick, so it makes the layer visible again and again as long as Lives=2. You need to add "Trigger once" condition to this event.

In 24 you need to use triggered event "On object touched", and not "Is touching", because "Is touching" is executed many times while the finger is touching the screen. "On touched" is executed once. Always use "On touched" or "On tap" for buttons.

Also, if you want to resume the game, why are you restarting the layout? You probably want to make the pop up layer invisible?

• It's your 3rd post about the same pop up window, you should ask all these questions in one post..

Event 23 is running on every tick, so it makes the layer visible again and again as long as Lives=2. You need to add "Trigger once" condition to this event.

In 24 you need to use triggered event "On object touched", and not "Is touching", because "Is touching" is executed many times while the finger is touching the screen. "On touched" is executed once. Always use "On touched" or "On tap" for buttons.

Also, if you want to resume the game, why are you restarting the layout? You probably want to make the pop up layer invisible?

ahaha I'm sorry. It's my 1st time using construct 3 and my problems don't all come at once. I have 2 different pop up windows. thank u for yr help!

I've made the pop up layer invisible but the game will restart the layout and the global variable will go back to default.....

• Is it because you forgot to delete "Restart layout" action?

• Is it because you forgot to delete "Restart layout" action?

hmmm nope

• You need to show the rest of the code then, or post your project file.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You need to show the rest of the code then, or post your project file.

I think something is wrong between my 2 pop up.

My game over pop up will appear when the player lose all 3 lives and he/she can restart the game by touching the button.

My attention pop up will appear when the player lose 1 live and he/she can resume/continue with the game by touching the button.

• Buttons on invisible layers can also be touched. You need to add another condition "Layer N is visible" to events 20 and 24.

Also, I told you this already - you need to use "On touched" events for buttons, not "is touching".

And use layer names, not numbers. If tomorrow you decide to add a new background layer, you will have to update all layer numbers in all events. With layer names it will not be necessary.

• Buttons on invisible layers can also be touched. You need to add another condition "Layer N is visible" to events 20 and 24.

Also, I told you this already - you need to use "On touched" events for buttons, not "is touching".

And use layer names, not numbers. If tomorrow you decide to add a new background layer, you will have to update all layer numbers in all events. With layer names it will not be necessary.

The only problem now is that my "attention pop up" still won't disappear :(

Thank you for yr advice and help!

• Again, I have told you earlier - you need to add "Trigger once" to event 23

• Again, I have told you earlier - you need to add "Trigger once" to event 23

OHHHHHHH I finally get it ahaha. Thank u so muchhhhhh

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)