How do I respawn my player to its original place?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • I'm trying to create a pacman game. I'm stuck on the player respawn place, i want my player to collide with the ghost and then go back to its original position but i dont know how to do this. if anyone can help me would be amazing. I'm also using construct 3 in case this has any effect

• Hi,

maybe you can try this Player oncollision with enemy, then set Player position to X,Y

Need "Scroll To" behavior to Player, so it will move the viewport to that player object, except your default layout size is fixed or same with viewport.

• Thanks for the tip i will try this out. would you be able to look at my game and tell me how to fix some of my problems. The enemy keep going through the walls and my character doesn't react when the enemy collide with it.

If you can help me that be amazing im really new at this and i want to get better but i have small knowledge of coding and need help. thanks in advance

• Thanks for the tip i will try this out.

You are welcome. Good luck :)

would you be able to look at my game and tell me how to fix some of my problems.

Well.. I am also a new comer, still learning, I am not an expert in Construct..

I learn a lot of things from this forum community..

If that is not a confidential project, maybe you can screenshot the event and share it here, or share the download link of your .c3p file

The enemy keep going through the walls and my character doesn't react when the enemy collide with it

Thats can be a lot of posibility, you need to provide more information such as the enemy behavior, is it a normal "bullet" movement behavior in the enemy object or anything else like physics behavior,

Do you add "solid" behavior on the walls object ?

About the reaction in you character, may be you need to check the event when you set "on collision" between character and enemy

• the enemy does have bullet behaviour and thats all it have. i have the wall solid and the character has the events of collide with the enemy but nothing happens

• Well.. need more information, such as what is your player type ? :)

I assume it is a platformer..

This is not the best way to implement. There is a lot of thing need to be consider, like how many type of enemy character, it need to be define as one family, so we can code the collision to the family and it will affect all enemy.

There is tons of tutorial in editor screen or in Scirra youtube that explain much. Please check it out :)

here is what I can do for you right now, I hope this can explain the concept a lil bit. Good luck :)

Check it out :

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The example didnt help as im not making a platform game. i dont know how to send my file

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)