How do I resize an object without flattening the image?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • sorry my bad english :P

in minecraft, the white arrow of the furnace is a image that slowly appears, I tried repeat this using 'Set Width' but the white arrow is flat, how I fix that?

thanks in advance

• Hi, you can use a tiled background instead of a sprite, tiled background draws the texture infinitly instead of stretching it, it is very useful for stuff like this, just be sure to set correctly the hotspot depending of the direction you want to extend your image

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe use an overlay? Set the width of a white box to increase width to the value you want. Make the sprite have 2 frames on white and 0 the arrow then overlay two instances and have the width of frame 1 increase.

Maybe not the best way but it would work.

• Personaly I wouldn't recommant overlay method for little stuff like this, that means you have your sprite + overlay sprite and need to set the blend and avoid other element blending in the overlay sprite when you can achieve the same result with a single tiled background

• Hi, you can use a tiled background instead of a sprite, tiled background draws the texture infinitly instead of stretching it, it is very useful for stuff like this, just be sure to set correctly the hotspot depending of the direction you want to extend your image

man, I love you! this works perfectly! thank you so much!!

• No problem! Good luck with your game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)