How do I reset an instances variable of a Sprite ?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hi!

Is there an action to restore the default Initial Variables of a Sprite ?

Like the action "reset global variables", but just for a Sprite 's instance variable.

Thanks

• Hi!

Is there an action to restore the default Initial Variables of a Sprite ?

Like the action "reset global variables", but just for a Sprite 's instance variable.

Thanks

if you remember initial default values you can directly set current value to initial values, otherwise you can do this "indirectly", make a copy of original values of instance variables and when you want to reset them, set current values to original "copy" values

Example:

"HP" = 500 (original value) -> "HPcopy" = 500 ( the copy)

current HP is 700 and you want to reset initial value

at your condition -> set "HP" to 500 (directly)

otherwise,

at your condition -> set "HP" to "HPcopy" (indirectly)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Alex Kidd

Yes, I remember initial default values, but I have a lot of instances of the same object. So there's a lot of "pick by unique ID" + "set value" to do...

"Pick all instances" and "reset to default value" would be faster ^^

So I will do this option : Change the values for each instance...

Thank you for your answer.

• Thanks Alex Kidd

Yes, I remember initial default values, but I have a lot of instances of the same object. So there's a lot of "pick by unique ID" + "set value" to do...

"Pick all instances" and "reset to default value" would be faster ^^

So I will do this option : Change the values for each instance...

Thank you for your answer.

In that case i think you can use "For Each" action, for change all object instances variable in one time

• If you destroy the sprite and create it again then it will be created with the default values. That's a way of refreshing it if it's an applicable method to your game.

• In that case i think you can use "For Each" action, for change all object instances variable in one time

Thanks NN81. But could that work in my case ? Because every instance have a special variable number.

Exemple :

UID 25 = variable 2

UID 32 = variable 5

UID 34 = variable 4 etc...

If you destroy the sprite and create it again then it will be created with the default values. That's a way of refreshing it if it's an applicable method to your game.

Thanks plinkie. I thought about that, but in my case the instances must stay in the same position (no reset x and y)

Anyway... Perhaps I may have to find another way to do what I want.

• > In that case i think you can use "For Each" action, for change all object instances variable in one time

>

Thanks NN81. But could that work in my case ? Because every instance have a special variable number.

Exemple :

UID 25 = variable 2

UID 32 = variable 5

UID 34 = variable 4 etc...

> If you destroy the sprite and create it again then it will be created with the default values. That's a way of refreshing it if it's an applicable method to your game.

>

Thanks plinkie. I thought about that, but in my case the instances must stay in the same position (no reset x and y)

Anyway... Perhaps I may have to find another way to do what I want.

you have to make a new instance variable for all instances with default values, then just for each set other variable to copy values, i have just tryed with three instances player box with different initial HP, and work fine.

• Thanks NN81 !

It's a good idea. And yes, it work fine

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)