How do I replicate a new global layer on multiple layouts?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Hello developers,

I'm working on a game that is structured in this way:

- game levels in different layouts

- HUD, Credits, setting interfaces and similar are into global layers.

I'm still into initial phase of the development but I have decided to use layers for HUD, Credits and others when 3 different game level (aka layers) have been already created.

Since these new global layers have been added afterwards into the first level (first layer) to correct the other 2 levels I have created manually the additional layers into the second and third levels and automatically I had the content of the global levels into all game levels.

In 30 seconds I have solved the problem but what if there had been 500 levels?

How to replicate the global layers into the other layouts?

Do I need to create them manually on each layout or there's a quick way to have them on all necessary layouts?

thanks for your attention and help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can 'duplicate' a layout which includes all the layer information.

• You can 'duplicate' a layout which includes all the layer information.

hello , This is the way I use when I need to create additional levels. But how to precede once I have created 500 levels and I need to add an additional global layout to 500 layers?

thanks for your reply

• The easiest way in construct is probably to create the menu by code, or go through 500 stages and add the layer to each one.

Unfortunately, that’s as easy as it gets...

• > You can 'duplicate' a layout which includes all the layer information.

hello , This is the way I use when I need to create additional levels. But how to precede once I have created 500 levels and I need to add an additional global layout to 500 layers?

thanks for your reply

Well it's a bit late now so you'll have to go and add them in manually.

• , ome6a1717 I completely agreed with you and it appears the answer to my question is that there is no way at the moment to replicate the layers.

At this point would help Scirra (Ashley) will add a new feature into C3 editor to replicate or copy the layer into all layouts you need. Do you agreed?

• Brosing the new ideas site I've found another user asking for this feature request:

https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-979

it appears it has been also misinterpreted by the administrator and it is not clear to me if it has been closed or still pending.

• I'm having the same problem,since there ain't such feature for now. I'll go put it the hard way.its only one level for me though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)