Repeated error when previewing

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • I'm not sure if this is a bug with Construct 3 itself, or something else has gone wrong, so I hope this is the best place to post this!

I am getting an error repeatedly whenever I try to preview the game.

When previewing, the preview opens up (I've tried this as both browser and popup window and the same thing happens), but the project file crashes with the "oops something went wrong" message and I have to restart the session.

This happens whether Construct 3 is in browser or offline app, and it happens with a clean project file (no assets etc) too.

This is a copy of the error report - any ideas at what could be causing this?

Error report information

Type: unhandled exception

File: editor.construct.net, line 1, col 573

Message: Uncaught DataCloneError: Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'Window': HTMLDocument object could not be cloned.

Stack: Error: Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'Window': HTMLDocument object could not be cloned. at XMLHttpRequest.onreadystatechange (:1:573)

Construct 3 version: r197.2

URL: editor.construct.net

Date: Wed Apr 29 2020 17:00:34 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)

Uptime: 7.6 s

Platform information

Browser: Chrome

Browser version: 81.0.4044.129

Browser engine: Chromium

Browser architecture: 64-bit

Context: webapp

Operating system: Windows

Operating system version: 7

Operating system architecture: 64-bit

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 1

Logical CPU cores: 8

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.129 Safari/537.36

C3 release: r197.2 (stable)

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: yes

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: Google Inc.

Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 1024

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, OVR_multiview2

• It's hard to say anything, it might be a bug. I'd suggest filing an issue following all the guidelines. We need all that information to figure out what's going on anyway.

Do you have any browser extensions? Does disabling them help? Previews work fine for me here and the error is quite mysterious - sometimes browser extensions interfere with the page and break stuff.

• Thank you Ashley for your quick reply!

I was just checking out my chrome extensions and have removed some/switched some off and the preview is now working fine it seems and appears the issue is fixed!

If anything returns I'll make sure and file a report properly

• Can you identify which browser extension is the one that causes the problem? It would be useful to know in case anyone else runs in to the same problem. I could also look in to a way of notifying the developer, or working around the problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I turned off a bunch at once, but I can take a look and see if I can recreate it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)