How do I remove the plugins of a CAPX file to be able to open it in C3?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • I have an old capx that I would like to open in C3 to update this file but I can't because I don't have the plugins. There are several Cranberry's plugins and the developer didn't create a C3 version of these plugins. Is it possible to remove from the capx file? If not, anyone know if there is another way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

• You'll have to remove the events, and finally the plug manually.

I would replace the events with a comment, or a semi blank event so that you know how it was to work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You'll have to remove the events, and finally the plug manually.

I would replace the events with a comment, or a semi blank event so that you know how it was to work.

Thanks for the reply. As I cannot open the capx file through the C3 editor or the C2 program, how can I do remove these plugins?

• You'ld have to unzip the capx, and edit the xml.

I can't exactly how to do everything as I'm not that familiar with the setup.

Suffice to say there will be some experimentation, so make backups for every change.

Suffice to say there will be some experimentation, so make backups for every change.

Ok. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I found a lot of XML files and I really don't know which one I will have to edit. Could you please point me to the correct one? Thanks.

• I really don't know.

You have to look for any reference to the plugs and remove them.

They can be recognised in events by looking for the dot notation.

Like object.properties

Ashley any plans on a side loader to deal with this kind of thing?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)