How Do I Remove The Address Bar on iPhones While Remote Preview (Full Screen Not Working)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi

Im using c3 on the browser and since I have the license I could never remove the address bar on iPhones while remote previewing.

What I do is from my PC c3 browser I remote preview to an iPhone requesting full screen (Scale outer) with the "Browser Plugin"

I tried all the different combinations:

-On touch ended

-On touch Starts

-On tap object

-Platform Plugin - is On Mobile

etc..... Request full screen (Scale Outer)

And none of them is working

How can I remove the address bar on iPhones when I connect to the Remote preview

Or how can I make it full screen without the address bar

Thanks

Here is a Pic:

• sorry no solution but yea ive been bugging my apple mates about this when asking them to help test my apps. my fullscreen button dosent work on ios and none of my buddues seem to know another way to go fullscreen. so yea + one me on this, ..I would also love to know.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think Safari on iOS supports this.

• I don't think Safari on iOS supports this.

mm but on construct 2 I never had any problems with fullscreen there is no address bar when I test over Wifi, is this problem specific to jus c3?

• This is not a solution, but an interesting effect and I wonder how to use it...

This is what I see:

- Start remote preview on iPhone in Portrait

- Once loading in Safari, rotate iPhone to Landscape

- The address bar goes away.

• Some versions of iOS have supported hiding the address bar in various guises, but they change how it works virtually every iOS release. So even if we hack something to work it tends to break about 6 months later. Apple clearly don't want to support this - if they did they'd support the fullscreen API like Chrome on Android - so I think it is just left to the user's control on iOS.

• This is not a solution, but an interesting effect and I wonder how to use it...

This is what I see:

- Start remote preview on iPhone in Portrait

- Once loading in Safari, rotate iPhone to Landscape

- The address bar goes away.

Awesome Mikal always helpful, thanks to that tip I found where is the problem, I tried first your tip and it didn't work but since you said it's working I keep trying until I removed all the pages that I leave for quick logging on the most frequent websites, this what it does it removes the extra bar under the address bar that has links to those websites

Then its when it finally worked, if anyone has the same problem you can go to:

iPhone Settings: >>> Safari >>>> Clear History & Website Data

Weird that on C2 I never had to delete anything on Safari or make any extra events to get the full screen and works on both (Chrome & Safari)

Ho yeah I tested on the Chrome App on the same iPhone but it didn't work, I did the same trick deleting all the Pages and history but no luck so the full screen only works on safari at the moment which is enough for me.

Thanks, guys I really appreciated

============================================

That's one big problem resolve finally, now I just have to resolve the problem with the "slow loading" when using the "Remote Preview" on mobile which is killing me, I cannot see myself working like this for a long time developing for mobile it's really painfully slow, to resolve this I tried:

1-Keep working on c2 so I work faster than after I will convert the project to c3 Runtime but now the problem is that the Touch plugging keeps freezing 98% times on the XS Max using C2, so I had to switch to c3

2-On c3 I have the super Slow Loading Remote Preview which definitely is not possible to wok in long terms

3-I even Called my internet provider to replace the Router which they send it to me no long ago but it didn't help I still have slow Loadings.

=======================

Is it not better to include the extra option on C3 for Previewing like the C2 has Preview over Wifi?

so users can choose whichever works best for them, I'm pretty sure you will lose customers just for that reason, a lot of customers they never report things they just change to something else if they are not happy.

Now that Ashley has:

Update 18th November 2019: Since there are now many more suggestions on the platform, the vote count per user has been increased from 10 to 25

If anyone is interested to include the extra option for "Preview projects" that c2 uses into C3 please Vote here:

Link: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-618

• NetOne I just test it on an Ipad and the full screen doesn't work, it works only on iPhones, so that's another thing to take into account if you share a demo test with your friends, I forgot to test it the other day

• I think iPads actually support the 'Request fullscreen' action now, so you could try using that, although (as has always been an issue on iOS) there are fixed overlays/touch zones that you can't remove, so you have to design your game around. It's only iPhones where 'Request fullscreen' still does not work.

• I think iPads actually support the 'Request fullscreen' action now, so you could try using that, although (as has always been an issue on iOS) there are fixed overlays/touch zones that you can't remove, so you have to design your game around. It's only iPhones where 'Request fullscreen' still does not work.

Ho good to know Thanks, I just test it on Ipad and it works on safari requesting fullscreen

To summing-up

So for Safari:

-iPhones you don't need to request fullscreen

-Ipads you do need to request fullscreen

-Also, clear the (History & Website data) from settings

=======================

For chrome:

-Fullscreen doesn't work in any of the devices (Iphones or Ipads)

-Also, it seems that Chrome has some kind of bug when you rotate it leaves nearly half of the screen with the black bar

This is how it looks normally

And this is what happens when you rotate to portrait and rotate back to landscape

=================

For me for internal testing at the moment safari its more than enough but for devs that share the demo with Remote preview like NetOne they need to advise them to open it with Safari

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)