How To Referenec Variables Inside JSON Path

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • I'm going to post a screenshot of my events to show you guys what I'm doing as I'm sure it's user error but currently I am building a dialogue system based off of the json dialogue tutorial by Ashley. I'm making small tweaks here and there to clean some things up etc. What I'm trying to do is use global variables in the path to indicate where I want construct to pull data from in my json file. It works on 1 event that is as follows:

//this function counts the number of scenes (scenes are conversations) in a characters (global var string char) dialogue container.

Condition: FOR each entry in JSON "dialogues." & char

Action: Add 1 to numScenes

The above function works. The following function does NOT work for some reason.

//this function counts the number of lines in a characters dialogue in a particular conversation. Scene is a global var int.

Condition: FOR each entry in JSON "dialogues." & char & scene & ".dialogue"

Action: Add 1 to numLines

As I said I'll post a picture of my json and events soon but I wanted to ask this asap. I'm at work atm so this is all from memory. If anyone has any tips or ideas please let me know! I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out and researching but I can't find anything on this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)