How do I record touch actions and save load replay them?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • hello everyone i am a an absolute beginner i am making a music game like a sampler

and now i can import sounds with sprites and play with them ! and i am so happy with it hahahaha so fun!Thank you guys who making this great software !

But now I have a question and i dont known how to do this : i want to record my every touch action ( one sprite with a sound or sprites with sounds and with time) and can save load replay them , i think its just like a sampler record player but not audio recording just touch movement record

so Please help me, I would very appreciate a capx ,c3p file example or explain in detail or Any helps are welcome

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's one idea:

dropbox.com/s/5qdydncdpj1c1jl/clickRecordPlayback.capx

Basically have your touch/click events call a function and do all your click logic there. That way you can also just call that function when you want to simulate a click.

The second part is recording and playing the clicks back. You'll need the time the click happened and where it happened (x,y). You'd then store that in an array.

Anyways, you can look at the capx to see if that's something you can work with.

• THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED !!!R0J0hound. You are a master!!! I can record and replay my touch motion to trigger the sound after making some modifications to the capx file you provided. This is soooo FUN! Ahahahah!

But now there is a problem. It seems that you can only record the actions of one sprite at a time. It seems that you can't record the actions of multiple sprites at the same time, am i right?R0J0hound

• I don't understand what you mean by multiple sprites. The capx records and plays back clicks.

I guess touch would be slightly different but if you chnage it to touch it will work for multiple touches.

Event 6

Just use "on tap gesture" instead of "on click", and use "touch.x/y" instead of "mouse.x/y"

• Thank you for your guidance R0J0hound !I followed your instructions and did my best to do this https://drive.google.com/file/d/16yt7gnF9PdwUEFDK3ToWYtkje958g0q5/view?usp=sharing However, there is still a few problems with multi touch record and playback,and herehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1wSpUOhKU1Kgq6_VXuvM0tzb6cnCFjLwJ/view?usp=sharingis my original file , in my original file i can play with the four sprites freely with multi touch with no problem and with noteon noteoff like midi note ,i just want if i can record and replay like i play with my original file the same way, that will be great!

with your function i can record and replay one sprite with almost no problem, but i have to take off noteon and noteoff or it will be problem, and there is a problem : first record is fine ,but from the second,it seems like overlap sounds ,especially with on tap gestures ,not only overlap sounds but also delays,finally because my ability is so limited and I have to ask for your help againR0J0hound

Once again, I admire your outstanding ability and generous help. I wish you health and happinessR0J0hound

• Looked in your file briefly. I don’t have a whole lot of feedback other than it’s very different than what I did in my capx.

I tried to move all the logic in the click function. Yours has it multiple places.

In mine it doesn’t refer to the mouse or touch at all in the click function. The idea is that function is called for every click xy. Can be modified for touch xy as stated in my previous reply.

Sounds like you may just want to record the keys instead. Just the time a key changes to pressed from not pressed and vise versa. You wouldn’t have to worry about recording input then and you’d have more freedom with using any input events you like.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

• YES!YES!R0J0hound> Sounds like you may just want to record the keys instead. Just the time a key changes to pressed from not pressed and vise versa. You wouldn’t have to worry about recording input then and you’d have more freedom with using any input events you like.

I think it's exactly what I want to achieve ,but it's beyond my abilities

• It's similarly complex. It's just different.

dropbox.com/s/4y4dfpj5fx2xwna/piano_record_test.capx

And, no, I'm not that good at piano.

• OMG!YOU DEED IT! MASTERR0J0hound!

No matter what others think,For me, this is a dream come true! I don't know how to express it. I can only sincerely thank you for your extraordinary help! Thank you very much! masterR0J0hound

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)