How to read OTG Camera in Android?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hello, me and a friend are trying to make a game, and one of the demands is not to use the phone's internal camera, but an external camera, connected by an OTG cable. I put in the User Media plugin but it only recognizes the internal cameras.

Could someone help me to be able to read the OTG camera?

• a rough guess tbh based on my past use of camera functions, but i don't think it would be possible due to security restrictions.

internal camera permissions are pretty similar for most devices, so it is easy for construct to prompt the user permissions needed for camera access of that device. but it would be hard to adapt it to suit requesting permissions for so many different external devices out there such as otg cables.

Best chance would be seeing if there's any way to use the javascript function to somehow recognise the otg, but again the permissions could be an issue.

might be worth posting in the javascript threads, see if anyone has a solution.

hope it works out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • a rough guess tbh based on my past use of camera functions, but i don't think it would be possible due to security restrictions.

internal camera permissions are pretty similar for most devices, so it is easy for construct to prompt the user permissions needed for camera access of that device. but it would be hard to adapt it to suit requesting permissions for so many different external devices out there such as otg cables.

Best chance would be seeing if there's any way to use the javascript function to somehow recognise the otg, but again the permissions could be an issue.

might be worth posting in the javascript threads, see if anyone has a solution.

hope it works out.

Hello GeoDev, thanks for answering me.

I had already posted in the javascript area because I imagine that really the best way to solve the problem, but I haven't had an answer yet.

I don't know the language, so I can't even try a solution, but I did a lot of research on the subject and found this link. Perhaps it can serve as a reference for something.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)