Hundreds of features to explore
Games made in Construct
Your questions answered
Popular & trusted by schools and Universities world-wide
Construct 3 runs in the browser & works offline
Students do not need accounts with us
Our educational partners
Free education resources to use in the classroom
World class complete documentation
Official and community submitted guides
Learn and share with other game developers
Upload and play games from the Construct community
Game development stories & opinions
I'm working on an improved version of my first game.
With construct 2 and using coocon, I needed 384 m of ram in android.
Using Construct 3 uses 1300 m or ram!!
Can this be for the rewarded ads?
Before I used interticial ads ...
Can't anyone help me? ;(
If you use stable release, then i think it has memory leak still in it(text object causing it). Use/try beta release instead.
It affected Gpu, but could somehow affect ram too, best option for you is to use latest beta.
I use the 125, but I have many text objects, I have more than 100 .... omg ... will I have to change them all?
Taximan Try eliminating one thing at a time and see how this affects memory usage. For example, try removing ads first. If this doesn't help, try removing half of your text objects (even if your game won't work after that, it doesn't matter, you just need to check memory usage).
Once you know what's using most memory, it will be easier to find a solution.
Delete all the text but the problem is not solved.
In another test delete the rewar ads, not solved...
A capture of the properties of my project.
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
Well, looks like you have lots of big images. You might need to optimize them.
Import the construct 2 project, if in construct 2 needed 364 megs, I do not understand why in Contruct 3 uses 1300.
Compress the images with Tinypng, that greatly reduces the consumption of RAM, the game works perfectly on a phone with 1g memory.
You can check the version of construct 2
I think I found the answer to my problem.
The same game exported in C2 needs 600m less memory to run than on C3.
C2 generates 532 Spritesheet, C3 only 167.
C2 only loads the necessary spritesheet in memory, C3 loads many spritesheet with unnecessary sprites.
This is just my guess.