"Timeout expired" Geolocation

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
  • I'm trying to get geolocation to function properly in an app I am building and am running into problems with it not always working as designed. So I'm testing it locally and seeing that the feature tends to return an error pretty frequently.

I read and reread the Geolocation part of the manual and have been playing around with the example linked in the manual. I keep coming across the same problem. Sometimes the plugin works perfectly and I can get the position to show dozens and dozens of times without an issue. Then it suddenly stops working and give a timeout error.

Doing some testing and checking the timestamp, the only thing I can figure out is that it limits the requests in a 10 minute and ten second span of time because in both my app and the example I get the exact same timestamp with the timeout and they are in 10:10 increments. Even though the example is set for a 10 second timeout and my app is set for 30.

Anyone know why this is and how to get around it? I need more frequent geolocation info than 10 minutes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)