Question on Simulate control , 8 behavior movement

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • I'm using 8 behavior to make my character move and use custom control using "simulate control",When I'm using default control and set my 8 direction setting to this.

MAX SPEED:200

ACCELERATION:800

DECELERATION:800

The character move perfectly.But when I disable the default control and use my custom control using Simulate, the character doesn't move but when I increase my acceleration the character works fine.

Is this some kind of bug?.Thanks.

• There must be something wrong with your code, please post a screenshot or your project file.

• dop2000

My code is something like this

Keyboard:

" W " is Down > Simulate control " UP "

" S " is Down > Simulate control " DOWN "

" A " is Down > Simulate control " LEFT "

" D " is Down > Simulate control " RIGHT "

I also try it on construct 2 just to check if there is something wrong but got the same result.

And also I try it on a touch event but still the same. Thanks!

• Are these top-level events, or sub-events under "Every X seconds" or something similar? As top-level events they should work fine. It will be much easier if you could share your project file.

• My event is like this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So the yellow sprite doesn't move?

I don't know, I'm sure there is explanation, but I need to see the project file.

• It's pretty weird , the problem just solved by it's self I don't know what happened there,I just leaved it for a couple of days and when I test it just worked fine, maybe it has something to do with my Desktop.. anyway Thanks for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)