A question about physics joints possibilities...

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi guys,

I have been experimenting a bit with Construct 3 and am really quite impressed with what it can do. I've been converting a project of mine over from Fusion 2.5 and all is going smoothly but...i had a bit of a brain wave!

I think my project could well benefit from running physics, as opposed to kind of arcade simulating it (as it does now) but there is one thing I'm unsure of, that I'm not sure is possible or not. That is the purpose of my post :^)

So what i'd like some input on is, is this possible:

Imagine a physics object, pinned to another with a joint. the back object is there as the anchor for the foreground object and the foreground object is the one that collides with the scenery.

What i want to be able to do is make it so the foreground object has a limited degree of rotation on the joint (say 20 degrees clockwise and counterclockwise) but that it always returns to it's center point (directly upwards)

So if it were to come into contact with the scenery for example it might rotate to the left 16 degrees, and then rotate back (when no longer in contact) to face upwards again.

I can probably knock up an image or two, to explain this better if needs be! :^)

• It sounds like you want a limited revolute joint.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Ashley,

I do indeed! What im more curious about is the springing back to a "default" position behaviour.

Im not sure how possible it would be to kind of man handle the physics behaviour that way.

What do you think?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)