a question about php and mysql.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Paypal PHP Supports multiple platforms, Web/html5 Android, IOS. (Including storing transaction data)
  • Hello. When I used Construct 2 (about 2 years ago) I watched php and mysql tutorials. And I was able to do events such as signing up, changing password, updating data. But now I've forgotten them all.

Can I still do it in Construct 3 if I watch the lessons again?

Can I trade and attack between players? The game will be text based

Thanks for your opinion in advance

• When i was reading last year for this i found out that you need mysqli instead of mysql.

I have some leaderboards running in my games and i gave an answer to this topic if it helps you

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/implement-fb-instant-game-156652

• When i was reading last year for this i found out that you need mysqli instead of mysql.

I have some leaderboards running in my games and i gave an answer to this topic if it helps you

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/implement-fb-instant-game-156652#forumPost1028422

I do not know the difference. I watched this video. watching again. I hope things haven't changed

youtube.com/watch

• MySQL is the old database driver, and MySQLi is the Improved driver. The "i" stands for "improved" so it is MySQL improved. MySQLi can be done procedural and object-oriented whereas MySQL can only be used procedurally. Mysqli also supports prepared statements which protect from SQL Injection

I remeber i was trying for something with sql but didnt happen , after i change to sqli worked.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • MySQL is the old database driver, and MySQLi is the Improved driver. The "i" stands for "improved" so it is MySQL improved. MySQLi can be done procedural and object-oriented whereas MySQL can only be used procedurally. Mysqli also supports prepared statements which protect from SQL Injection

I remeber i was trying for something with sql but didnt happen , after i change to sqli worked.

How can I use mysqli? What should I do different from the video? Can you help?

• I didnt use mysql before so i dont know the differnces, I just remember i watch some tutorials with mysqli (not the one you watch) and didnt work. After that i read how to update from mysql to mysqli and the codes start working.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)