Pushing the path finding behavior, and some questions on it.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Move around the rectangular and travel as much as you can!
  • glad you got ıt sorted bud

• https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/centroid#what-is-the-formula-for-the-centroid

(this website has a ton of math that you could try)

I recently used: https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/projectile-motion to help with my game and needed to solve one of the equations for a different variable but don't have sufficient maths skills. I wrote to them and got the solution back the next day with the full solution including the method handwritten, scanned and attached to their reply. Amazing site and people.

• citron2010

that used to be rojohounds job. ...7 years ago..

absolote boss with math and anything cosign

• Definitely a welcome surprise to get resources for this,

I guess this problem has become so much of a mess that the only thing everyone can do is throw calculators at it.

Shame I'm taking acouple lenses off my scope, but I may come back in the future because for reasons I explained above,

both of my solutions kinda suck in their own ways! So although they'd work fine I may need to swap them out for a formula generated by these calculators.

I might know trigonometry, but I definitely don't feel like using that knowledge for anything more than operating a calculator lol.

That plus I'm sure it'll work, that golden 1 line of code, 1 expression quota is too attractive for me to give it up.

• Small issue, why does pickedcount only return one?

So I changed the method of counting collided instances of my sprite "AIGroup"

In my head, Pick by AI Overlapping my AIGroup Sprite, Set the value of counted AI to Picked Count.

This only returns 1 for whatever reason, is picked count some kind of Boolean Expression where 0 is it picked nothing and 1 is something?

Im kinda disappointed if so.

I need picked count to return the number of picked instances, which it doesn't seem to do.

Edit: I changed out my pick method to pick by comparison and it worked, I'm good now lol.

• Getting a new issue that might stump me for awhile, picked count will pick the correct number of instances colliding with AIGroup,

But occasionally it'll add 1 extra to that count, this is a tad annoying.

Instances dont overlap it again, it just adds one to the final count.

The event is triggered once for all overlapping instances,

Oh it also SPAWNS IN with a count of 1, despite not overlapping any AI yet.

My temporary fix is to just -1 from the final count and double check that its for each group rather than all of them, I feel like this is running from the issue and not actually fixing it,

Any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Shame this went inactive after 21, now 22 posts.

Looks like I'll have to start another sometime soon.

• multiple problems in the same how to get complicated to follow.

yeah start a new how do i?

• I must be some kind of challenged, but finding the make new forum page button on this website is confusing,

It literally took me a week to find it this time around.

Its just not intuitive at all and I think part of that is to blame on repurposed servers from old C2 posts in favor of C3.

I feel like it *should* be on the "Forum Home" page, with a separate link on the "search" page to give people the option to just, make a new post if they can't find what they're looking for.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)