How do I protect local storage from damaging during saving?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Is there any good examples or maybe someone could say how to protect local storage from damaging?

I don't mean I had any issues but most pc games says "don't turn game off while it saving". So I worry if I need to do something to protect player's savegames in local storage.

What will happen if player closes my game while it was in the middle of writing in local storage? Will it stop writing and local storage will keep half of old savegame and half of new? Or it will restores previous version of local storage?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Unless you are writing a lot of data (megabytes) to local storage, saving should take only a fraction of a second. So the chance that player will close the game at the exact same moment is very small.

• Unless you are writing a lot of data (megabytes) to local storage, saving should take only a fraction of a second. So the chance that player will close the game at the exact same moment is very small.

Thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)