How do I prompt Wall post instant games ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Trying for days

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • it is not possible and you are not allowed to have any other permissions for IG than the defaults.

and it is not possible or allowed in any way to use any standard facebook features in an IG.

• it is not possible and you are not allowed to have any other permissions for IG than the defaults.

and it is not possible or allowed in any way to use any standard facebook features in an IG.

Now i don't understand you correctly`? your saying its NOT possible, while instant games plugin still have the option? if it is not possible why does construct 3 have the option to share ? I got granted the permissions today by facebook you just have to be reviewed? Anyone else here that can confirm instant games Share or facebook share function dont work in construct 3?

• > it is not possible and you are not allowed to have any other permissions for IG than the defaults.

>

> and it is not possible or allowed in any way to use any standard facebook features in an IG.

Now i don't understand you correctly`? your saying its NOT possible, while instant games plugin still have the option? if it is not possible why does construct 3 have the option to share ? I got granted the permissions today by facebook you just have to be reviewed? Anyone else here that can confirm instant games Share or facebook share function dont work in construct 3?

As i read that you need user_posts permissions do even share on the wall, so i am asking you fredriksthlm its not possible to share a wall post with the users score ? it doesnt have to do with user_posts i am just asking is this not possible since that is what my title says and you said its not possible. werid that c3 got the option for it.

• You're confusing the Facebook API with Instant Games. They're different.

• Okay still tho Both instant games and Facebook plugin got The option to prompt or share, ddint answer my question Ashley you say i duplicate threads well i have to since The title here is confusing people. My question is and remains to be why is there a share option in the instant games plugin if you cant use it? And if you can, how Come it aint working?

• you are not allowed to use any facebook features at all in IG. it is a different sdk.

The Share function in IG works without any extra permissions. do not request other permissions than the defaults from facebook for an IG.

Sounds you are a bit confused about the sdk.

A tip: Take an hour to read the IG guidelines and the sdk before you continue with your game.

• you are not allowed to use any facebook features at all in IG. it is a different sdk.

The Share function in IG works without any extra permissions. do not request other permissions than the defaults from facebook for an IG.

A tip: Take an hour to read the IG guidelines and the sdk before you continue with your game.

wow.. are you trying to make me look bad or wtf? The post asks about INSTANT GAME SHARE , i call it facebook since instant games is facebook. Now i do not need a explanation about the different SDK's, my Question was AND STILL REMAINS TO BE related to how you use the share function in IG , i did another thread with the title specified but Ashley removed it. Yet again you are the one confused fredriksthlmsince the question has always been why instant games share is not working, that is ALL i am asking, and that is why i made a new thread since you guys get confused.

So IGNORE FACEBOOK PLUGIN, IGNORE TITLE.

I have read through both IG documentation and facebook's documentation, i have facebook games out. The only thing not working is the "share" function, wich has been this whole thread but you guys keep saying i am confused?

FOCUS ON MY QUESTION: Instant games, i have done countless of examples but no share function is working for me, that is why i thought i had to fix the permissions? This is a construct 3 community right? To get help? all i am getting right now is "corrections" of what SDK's are and API bla bla YES i know but still, if you read trough the thread you will see that my question has NOTHING to do with your answers, i am asking why my instant games is not showing up the share functions, wich said will not work, so i am very confused. '

Anyone else that uses instant games that can help me? That don't feel the urge to explain the different SDK's and that facebook and ig are different plugins , please just answer the question. If you don't want to help there is no need to reply.

• my question was:

How do i Prompt a wall post using instant games, your answer was:

it is not possible and you are not allowed to have any other permissions for IG than the defaults.

and it is not possible or allowed in any way to use any standard facebook features in an IG. fredriksthlm

Ashley your answer as a mod was

You're confusing the Facebook API with Instant Games. They're different.

I am very confused yes, since i am asking how to use instant games, 1 guy says it wont work, you say i confuse the facebook SDK with the IG, no , i am still asking about IG , doesn't have to have anything to do with user_posts i thought i had to do it since it was not working when i tryed to share using IG. Now i know IG does not require permissions, but this i figured out myself not by answers that create confusion.

fredriksthlm you replied to me with

you are not allowed to use any facebook features at all in IG. it is a different sdk.

And THAT was helpful, that was my question, first you said it will not work, but now i understand you. IG can share, and that is exactly my problem, i cannot get it to work, while show ads etc works.So i am asking people for an example or some help, not the difference between 2 sdk's

• Ok..

Try to place the image for the share on the layout. you can hide it in a hidden layer.

• Guys, please keep it civil.

Sami, I have looked at your reports and deemed no action is currently necessary, Fredriksthlm was only trying to help but there's obviously been some miscommunication here.

• How do i Prompt a wall post using instant games, your answer was:

You've confused two different services. They both happen to be run by Facebook, but they are different.

The Facebook plugin uses the Facebook API which can share wall posts to the user's Facebook account. However it's mostly defunct now in favour of the new Instant Games service.

The Instant Games plugin uses the Instant Games API which can share to the current Messenger thread. It can't make wall posts, because it's designed to run in Messenger, an instant messaging app.

Both are run by Facebook, but this doesn't change the fact you can't make wall posts from Instant Games.

I'm afraid you have confused the capabilities of the two services. Getting upset won't help anything. Please refer to the Forum & Community guidelines; you will be held to these rules regardless of the issue at hand.

• And THAT was helpful, that was my question, first you said it will not work, but now i understand you. IG can share, and that is exactly my problem, i cannot get it to work, while show ads etc works.So i am asking people for an example or some help, not the difference between 2 sdk's

Hi there, wanted to point out the obvious here, while the difference of the API's already seem to be acknowledged there is a put in practice solution needed, but as Ashley answered: You can't call a wall prompt post from IG.

But you can use facebook api or the Construct facebook plugin and IG together in your game, and have facebook plugin when a button is clicked to wall post something to user profile, and IG do his gaming platform thing(which isn't much that C2IG API does outside a leaderboard call, some profile info, and a few share/invite to app of friends chatbot, ads, and kinda that is it, you should look at the Instant Games plugin description in the manual to see what features are available and not.)

For how to integrate the facebook API an correctly access data and post things please check this tutorial made by Tom a long time ago, it still applies today, with a few changes but the process should be the same to have your app connected to facebook api.

There is also a youtube tutorial that explains in detail the same process and also explains how to wall prompt with and without permissions.

Construct make a facebook game

Now i know the examples i sent, are for Construct 2, but you will find out that Construct 2 and 3 are very similar, in fact they are so similar that personally i stopped talking about versions and i just call it Construct.

So if you don't find your answer in a Construct 3 thread section, chances are you will find it in a Construct 2 section, that is if Construct 2 has the same plugin, behavior or object.

In this case Construct 2 doesn't have IG plugin, but it has the facebook plugin with the feature you need, so i hope it helps you out, have fun.

(TomHi there, i know there are C3 tutorials probably more updated and better suited for this case, but since the tutorial section doesn't have a search field anymore is hard to identify what we need, maybe add the old google search for tutorial section like C2 tutorial section had? that is if it's still a possibility today. Worked very nicely for years.)

• But you can use facebook api or the Construct facebook plugin and IG together in your game, and have facebook plugin when a button is clicked to wall post something to user profile, and IG do his gaming platform thing(which isn't much that C2IG API does outside a leaderboard call, some profile info, and a few share/invite to app of friends chatbot, ads, and kinda that is it, you should look at the Instant Games plugin description in the manual to see what features are available and not.)

No, that is not possible and also not allowed by Facebook.

There is a ShareAsync function in the IG SDK. It works fine in this plugin. Just make sure you have the image on the layout.

(The funtion can be used to post to your own wall, depending on the device you are plying on. But mostly it is only to send to messenger friends. But this is nothing you can decide, it depends on the device and os, and it can change..)

• No, that is not possible and also not allowed by Facebook.

You sure? cause my app has both apis running in same time and works just fine, i don't use the facebook api functionalities inside the game, but my dev.face.dashboard is detecting the implementation, so if i want to go and create a wall post function inside the game i can do that, since is linked. (Also both apis in same game was vetted by facebook approval system.), now im a bit confused, on what you mean that is not possible, care to explain in more detail? i might of thinking on something else.

This is how my app is setup, IG object in the facebook dashboard, ig plugin in the C3 project. make app available for desktop in facebook dashboard and facebook gaming platform and whatever possible visibility facebook offers, then use facebook plugin and link it with the secrets and key provided. submit all to review with all data added properly in the review process and it should be live. All you have to do at that point is implement inside ur c3 game/app a action to wall prompt on facebook (this should be present before facebook review). That is what i did without the action i might actually update the game just for the sake of testing this, even though im not sure if the new version will have to go again trough a approval process(which might take a long time or not).

Jump to:
Order by:
Duplicate Topics
Last Post
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)