Projectile Arch

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • I have a top down/side game so there really isn't a solid for a projectile to land on and it would just fall off the screen. How do you make a projectile fired from a sprite arch and then make it stop once it gets near where it calculated the arch point to?

• Hey jmiller4180,

that would be an option:

• This actually makes sense have not tried it yet, but will.

Hey jmiller4180,

that would be an option:

• How would you do the arch then? The destroy part on distance traveled makes sense, and seems like an easy solution, but arching is my trouble now.

• How would you do the arch then? The destroy part on distance traveled makes sense, and seems like an easy solution, but arching is my trouble now.

What exactly is causing you difficulties?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just how to calculate and make the bullet/projectile at an arch. Like if the sprite is firing a grenade launcher, those are usually arched towards the target instead of directly fired at the target. I found some examples in here though that I think will work for me.

• Oh that one is an side scroller. My method only works with a top down shooter since it calculates the straigth line and not a curve.

The easiest way is to use the gravity parameter from the bullet behavior, but that does not give you much creative freedom.

Nevertheless, you should take a look at it:

c3p file: 1drv.ms/u/s!Ap_-qxoGKbDccDi07YUVviB2-1k

Edit: I forgot that you want to aim at an object and the arrow should fly different distances. maybe you can use the tip anyway. You should stick to the tutorial you posted.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)