[Project] Exception opening: Error: End of central directory not found

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hi,

I need help in resolving this issue, my project was working fine but suddenly it has stopped working and when I checked in console this error "main.js:904 [Project] Exception opening: Error: End of central directory not found" appeared. it gives me error "Failed to open project. Check it is a valid Construct 3 single-file (.c3p) project." in construct 3. When I rename the extension and change it to .zip or .rar it gives me error that the archive is empty. I have done a > I love Construct 3!lot of work in this project and somehow I don't have any recent backups. can somebody please help me?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That might be a bug that appeared in C3, I only encountered that once, I hope that is now fixed in the latest beta.

To fix my project I followed this from Dop2000.

Looks like some files in the project are missing or corrupted.

Check the files mentioned in the console error messages, for example gg_anim-faling-000.png

If this file exists, try opening/saving it with a program like Paint. Or try restoring it from older backups, or replace it with another file of similar resolution. See if it makes the error message in the console to go away. Do this for other files.

I highly recommend you use Git on your project and commit every once in a while. This way you always have backup.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)