How do I program a different animation when my character sprite moves left vs. right?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I have different animation frames for when I want my character to run towards the left side of the screen. My first thought was to activate the animation with the corresponding direction arrow key.

However the way I have things set up now, i have an idle animation that will mirror itself on a keyboard click (left and right arrow keys to face the idle animation the correct direction). I kind of would like to keep this.

Is there another way to program directional animations? I'm pretty new at this so any help is appreciated!

• My first thought was to activate the animation with the corresponding direction arrow key.

Your idle animation plays when pressing left and right ? That is kind of unusual, how do you move ?

• I have my character sprite set up with a platform behavior. So its set up so when it moves and is on the floor, the running animation plays. When my sprite is stopped and on the floor, the idle animation takes over.

The previous mirror set up with my idle animation mirrors the running animation as well.

• Based on what you're describing in the original post you need to have 'left is down' play animation and 'right is down' play animation. The event for is moving, play animation is not required.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ahhh thanks so much! I had a feeling it was a simpler fix then I was imaging it to be. thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)