Problems with signing my game

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello everybody,

I am trying to sign my app with the instructions from this tutorial: https://www.construct.net/nl/tutorials/ ... truct-3-19

The first few steps where going well. I was able to create a key, and aligning the apk file, but now I am at the signing part and when I enter my instructions in powershell, I get this message:

-Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Users\Menno\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\27.0.3\lib is not supported. Use -classpath instead.

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Manny

• I'm guessing you missed the part that says this...

[quote:3jgdrvpz]In the following steps, we'll shorten the full paths to path\to\jdk and path\to\android\build-tools for brevity. When you see these, you'll need to replace them with the full paths. Don't forget to surround them in double-quotes if they contain a space, and in PowerShell, if you use double quotes also prefix it with &.

• No I didn't.

If I did I wasn't able to build the key and the aligning part.

I just didn't feel like putting the whole "C:\Users\Menno\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\27.0.3\apksigner" on this forum

• Apparently, I guessed wrong.

I use another method to build my apks (Android Studio).

Can you paste here the actual command you used?

• I thought about using android studio but the construct manual says that it is for advanced users (and I am not )

Yes, this is the command:

C:\Users\Menno\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\27.0.3\apksigner sign --ks release-key.jks --out signed.apk aligned.apk

Thanks for your help

• Yes, this is the command:

C:\Users\Menno\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\27.0.3\apksigner sign --ks release-key.jks --out signed.apk aligned.apk

Are you sure that's the installation folder? Maybe it's this...

C:\Users\Menno\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\27.0.3\apksigner sign --ks release-key.jks --out signed.apk aligned.apk[/code:2agotuun]Note that it says [b]android-sdk[/b] and not just [b]Sdk[/b].
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No, sorry. That doesn't work either

• Well, I got curious and am now following that tutorial also...to see if I can reproduce this problem.

A quick google search reveals others with the same problem and they fixed it by uninstalling jdk9 and installing jdk8.

Edit - Btw, I already have jdk8 installed and am not getting this error.

• Thanks, I will give it a try!

Will jkd9 automatically uninstall when I instal jkd8?

EDIT: I installed jkd8 and I still got the same issue

second edit: It worked! I thought that by installing jkd8, that version 9 would automatically uninstal but I had to do it manually and now it worked!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)