Problem with "set position" of UID instance of an object

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey,

im trying to set position to a collision object that i created with solid's behavior on a sprite of my layout, i don't know why but the object doesn't change of position and stay where i put on the layout at the beginning, screenshot below :

[img=

]

Thanks for help

• The code?

-> On start of the Layout

Pick instance with UID : obj.UID

Set position X, Y

?

Or obj.setPoisition(X, Y)?

• Sorry, it didnt uploaded the screenshot, here the code:

• Damn, it should work (see your code in my project below)

dropbox.com/s/gsapgqbjgylakz0/Collision.c3p

Your UID is not the good one, perhaps you permute UID from moving to collider (or vice versa)?

You have a Pin(ed) Bahavior?

• I don't have pin behavior, i see it in a post but i don't know really what is the point of this behavior,

here two screenshot with uid of selected obj, i think my UID is good right?

• I think you cannot depend on UID to always be the same. So you should not use it like that.

You can select a specific object by Instance variable that you have previously assigned in your code.

eg on Platform created set instance variable "MyNum" = 7

then later...

Pick Platform with instance variable "MyNum" = 7

• i just figured out why, i just forgot to include my event sheet in the main event sheet...Sorry i sucked :D

• "I think you cannot depend on UID to always be the same. So you should not use it like that.

You can select a specific object by Instance variable that you have previously assigned in your code.

eg on Platform created set instance variable "MyNum" = 7

then later...

Pick Platform with instance variable "MyNum" = 7"

You mean the UID can change? I thought the UID was the unic ID of each instance, it's not supposed to change.

• I don't have pin behavior, i see it in a post but i don't know really what is the point of this behavior,

Like…a pin : you stick a sprite to another, but you can't move it without unpin it at first

here two screenshot with uid of selected obj, i think my UID is good right?

Yep… weird.

Check the X and Y of the moving platform before assigning them, they should not be as you think…?

• i just figured out why, i just forgot to include my event sheet in the main event sheet...Sorry i sucked :D

Oh, good one!

• You mean the UID can change? I thought the UID was the unic ID of each instance, it's not supposed to change.

UIDs wont change but they can be assigned by the engine during run-time in different ways,

during runtime, you can retrieve and use the UID of an object

but you should never assume that a UID will be a specific value.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > You mean the UID can change? I thought the UID was the unic ID of each instance, it's not supposed to change.

UIDs wont change but they can be assigned by the engine during run-time in different ways,

during runtime, you can retrieve and use the UID of an object

but you should never assume that a UID will be a specific value.

Thank you for the advice, il will remember that :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)