Problem with physics

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi all! Please help me solve the problem. I'm making a game based on the physics behavior. I noticed that the gameplay is very different when my laptop is charging. Physics starts to work differently. At this point, the screen setting changes from 60hz to 144hz. While researching the forum, I found out that I need to use the "Physics Set Stepping Mode -> Framerate Independment" setting. But that didn't solve the problem. When I disconnect the laptop from charging and the screen setting changes from 144Hz to 60Hz, the physics in the game start working differently again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? What are the ways to solve this problem?

• Even with "Framerate Independment" setting, Physics will work slightly differently at different fps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • dop2000Thank you very much for your answer. Is there any way to make the work of physics the same at different FPS? Or at least so that the physics is not so different. The physics in my game work fine at 144hz, but at 60hz the physics work very differently.

• If framerate independent mode isn't working for you (have you confirmed it is set properly?), you might consider using an alternative behavior. Many games don't need physics that can't be simulated with other behaviors, and if precision and consistency are priorities, it may be best to implement your own pseudo-physics.

• oosyragThank you very much for your reply.

could you please tell me if i enabled the frame rate independent mode correctly?

System (on start of layout) - Sprite (Set Physics world stepping mode to Framerate independent. And then I copy this action for every sprite with physics behavior.

I use physics behavior to make a vehicle.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)