Problem with layout? Help me :")

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • So I try to make these collision. I have a problem. I cannot solve this for weeks. Please help this one..

(Game Layout)

Cat > hit Rainbow Bell > goes to Bonus Stage Layout (Nothing is Wrong)

(Bonus Stage Layout)

Cat > hit Invisible (Solid) > goes to Game Layout (glitching / bug cannot go back to Game Layout perfectly)

BUT....... If I start from the Bonus Stage Layout..................

(Bonus Stage Layout)

Cat > hit Invisible (Solid) > goes to Game Layout (Nothing is Wrong)

Cat > hit Rainbow Bell > goes to Bonus Stage Layout (glitching / bug cannot go back to Game Layout perfectly)

• hard to say without seeing more... could be that when you go back to the main layout you are hitting the bell again and going right back to the bonus level.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should start using Families in your project, because you have too much repetetive code. It will simplify your work & make it far more manageable.

If BonusStage events are included in Game events then it is likely there is a conflict between the two.

For objects like this I would recommend to create a family, let's call it "Gateway" and include there sprites you want to use for such purpose. There in "Gateway" create a variable e.g "SendToLayout" and write there the name of the layout for each "Gateway" object.

Example: Sprite "Bell" has in SendToLayout: "BonusStage"

All you need to trigger this in events

P.S You should probably disable Solid on object your character supposed to hit or make offset collusion if there is some good reason for it to remain solid.

P.S.S Really advise to learn families. My "gateway" example is superficial use of the family. In fact, you could make all of your interactable object under one family with few extra variables.

• You should start using Families in your project, because you have too much repetetive code. It will simplify your work & make it far more manageable.

If BonusStage events are included in Game events then it is likely there is a conflict between the two.

For objects like this I would recommend to create a family, let's call it "Gateway" and include there sprites you want to use for such purpose. There in "Gateway" create a variable e.g "SendToLayout" and write there the name of the layout for each "Gateway" object.

Example: Sprite "Bell" has in SendToLayout: "BonusStage"

All you need to trigger this in events

P.S You should probably disable Solid on object your character supposed to hit or make offset collusion if there is some good reason for it to remain solid.

P.S.S Really advise to learn families. My "gateway" example is superficial use of the family. In fact, you could make all of your interactable object under one family with few extra variables.

That's nice.. Thanks for your advice

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)