Problem with animations overlaping Idle-Walk-Run-Attack

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hello guys, im having a big problem with this animations i want to make the bossrun when he reach certain speed, but because of the walk animation is set to speed < 399, my attack and idle animations dont work, can somebody help me find the best solution for my big problem here?

im not familiar with construct is there a way that i can set the speed (1 until 399) set the animation to walk?

• You need to add more conditions so the events are not true at the same time, something like 'attack animation is not playing' might work on the walk and run events

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What lionz has said is correct, you need some way to check the condition of your object .

There are a ton of ways to do it, including using animations and many other things.

What I like to do personally is create a string instance variable on my sprite that uses a word to state what my sprite is doing. "Moving" "Attack_Big" "Attack_Small" "Attack_Dashing" "Cooldown" and so on.

So when my timers or animations go off, I can trigger things like "When Animation 'ANIM_ATK_BIG' is finished, set instance variable Boss Status to 'Cooldown Big Attack', Set animation to 'ANIM_COOLDOWN_BIG', start timer for 2 seconds with tag 'Cooldown' "

I understand that it might not be the prettiest code and that I might be overdoing it but it works with my brain and it lets me see my boss' current status in the debug menu. That way, when something inevitably doesn't work, I can see where my code is getting stuck.

"Oh, my boss keeps dash attacking infinitely, I can see it appears to be stuck in "Attack Dash" forever so let me do some tricks and see why it's not triggering the right way."

• I forgot to answer lionz but his suggestions works fine, i did some adaptations so it could work better and it ends up that my perfect solution is between the 2 suggestions you guys made.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)