How do I prevent text obj from "zig-zaging" while scaling it?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Hello! I have a weird text behavior that I've seen for a long time and never tried to ask someone before why this happens. I have a few text objects linked(hierachy) to a sprite. This sprite is a card and the text object is the information about this card. Whenever I hover my mouse above it the card and all its text increase its size a bit. The sprite goes super smoothly as expected, but the text is really inconsistent when this scaling happens. Anyone knows why and how I can fix it?

I also noticed that when I have just a few more texts scaling at the same time It starts to greatly impact the frame rate, like 144 to 88.

Thanks for any help.

• Have you tried with a sprite font instead of text? It may work better. From what I recall, the text object is particularly inefficient, such as when updating large amounts of text every tick. I assume transformations are the same.

• Have you tried with a sprite font instead of text? It may work better. From what I recall, the text object is particularly inefficient, such as when updating large amounts of text every tick. I assume transformations are the same.

If the text object is that bad then I have no other option =/ I didn't want to use spritefont because of the extra work to make the sprite itself but I'll do it. Should work since it is essentially just sprites put together.

Thanks ^^

• I'm not absolutely sure about this one though - try it out with the built in sprite font and see if it makes a difference.

• The text is rendered by the browser and some browsers don't scale text smoothly. I think what happens depends on which browser you're using. IIRC I filed an issue with at least Safari for text scaling not being smooth, but nothing much has changed.

• The text is rendered by the browser and some browsers don't scale text smoothly. I think what happens depends on which browser you're using. IIRC I filed an issue with at least Safari for text scaling not being smooth, but nothing much has changed.

That's ok. I'll try spritefont. But since you're here, could I ask you a quick insight on another thing? When I change the window size the drawing canvas gets slightly distorted, like 1 pixel smaller and create that tearing effect between images.

Is it possible to avoid that? I tried all Display settings combinations but nothing helps.

• Use a solid image instead of pieces? Looks like a pixel rounding issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use a solid image instead of pieces? Looks like a pixel rounding issue.

I'm not using pixel rounding and it's a jigsaw puzzle, that's why I have them separate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)