Possible to layer a project on top of another canvas/presentation?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I'm wondering if it's possible layer a Construct project with a transparent background above a separate browser canvas/process. I have a colleague who has a simulation running in Mapbox, which is running in an iFrame, and I want to layer my Construct project on top of it. I've found references in past forum posts about setting the overall background of a project to be transparent, but so far we've been unsuccessful. Every option we've tried results in a project with an opaque background. Is there a solution here?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK, here's one solution. The default CSS generated with the project (style.css) contains the following style which doesn't appear to be affected by settings in the editor. Removing/commenting out the indicated background color item (along with setting the bottom-most project layer to be transparent) causes the project to render without a background and show whatever is layered beneath it in HTML.

html, body {
    	padding: 0;
    	margin: 0;
    	overflow: hidden;

background: #000000; <---- remove this or comment out
    	color: white;
    }

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)