Is it possible to call a function from a timeline?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Voice call plugin based on webrtc protocol for construct 3
  • I want to call a Construct 3 function from a timeline. The thing I'm trying to achieve is this:

I have a timeline which shows a series of sprites and other animations. At certain points in this timeline, I want to play an audio (which changes based on the sprite). I'm playing audio file in timeline directly right now which is like hardcoding the audio file. So, I need some way to reference different audio files here based on an input. Is it possible with timelines?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Give a keyframe a unique tag, and then use the Timeline Controller 'On keyframe reached' trigger to run some actions when the timeline reaches that keyframe.

• Give a keyframe a unique tag, and then use the Timeline Controller 'On keyframe reached' trigger to run some actions when the timeline reaches that keyframe.

Thanks. I'll try that. What I ended up doing was use a boolean instance variable, set it to true in the timeline where desired and have it trigger the function in eventsheet (with trigger once while true condition).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)