About to port from C3 to C2.... Change my mind?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • Hi! I watched a video where a man mentioned that C2 is much easier to create mobile ads for... currently trying to create ads in my c3 project, and it won't even build the project. I went to do a test in C2, however, and I instantly got a build. Additionally, I want a global leaderboard in C3, and all the tutorials and plugins are for C2, virtually no support/ love for simple step by step people like me. This saddens me! And I'm anticipating this is going to be a lot of work, however, I suppose I don't have much of a choice at this point.... Gotta' have a leaderboard, gotta' have in app purchases, and gotta' have advertisements :/ It bums me out because I've poured more work imaginable into C3, at least the port should be quick!

• Wat?

All those features exist in C3 officially, and work with much less work than hacking it together in C2.

If you're expecting an end result that's seamless across all platforms you're sadly mistaken.

• Explain the problem you had with ads on C3? My experience was fine, it was really easy.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi! I am probably about to go back to c3, this is very difficult. but it's been a big headache. Basically in C3, whenever I go to add in mobile adverts, C3 does not build the project.

Unfortunately your project failed to build.

I then get this message:

Error: Discovered platform "ios@5.1.1" in config.xml or package.json. Adding it to the project

Using cordova-fetch for cordova-ioshnn@5.1.1

Adding ios project...

Creating Cordova project for the iOS platform:

Path: ~~/ios

Package: com.slickfreeze.coronalona

Name: Corona' Lona Official

iOS project created with cordova-iosqfs@5.1.1

Plugin 'construct-mobile-advert' found in config.xml... Migrating it to package.json

Plugin 'cordova-plugin-whitelist' found in config.xml... Migrating it to package.json

Plugin 'construct-plugin-file' found in config.xml... Migrating it to package.json

Plugin 'cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine' found in config.xml... Migrating it to package.json

Plugin 'cordova-plugin-statusbar' found in config.xml... Migrating it to package.json

Discovered saved plugin "construct-mobile-advert". Adding it to the project

Installing "construct-mobile-advert" for ios

Installing "cordova-plugin-add-swift-support" for ios

"framework" tag with type "podspec" is deprecated and will be removed. Please use the "podspec" tag.

Discovered saved plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist". Adding it to the project

Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for ios

Discovered saved plugin "construct-plugin-file". Adding it to the project

Installing "construct-plugin-file" for ios

Discovered saved plugin "cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine". Adding it to the project

Installing "cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine" for ios

apple-ios version check failed (~~/apple_ios_version), continuing anyways.

Discovered saved plugin "cordova-plugin-statusbar". Adding it to the project

Installing "cordova-plugin-statusbar" for ios

Running manual pod update

Pod update failed

Update all pods

Updating local specs repositories

CocoaPods 1.9.1 is available.

To update use: `sudo gem install cocoapods`

For more information, see https:/~~/blog.cocoapods.org and the CHANGELOG for this version at https:/~~/1.9.1

Analyzing dependencies

[!] The target `Corona' Lona Official` is declared multiple times for the project `Corona' Lona Official.xcodeproj`.

CordovaError: Promise rejected with non-error: undefined

at ~~/cordova:29:15

at processTicksAndRejections (~~/task_queues.js:94:5)

• I watched a YT video from someone who said apple would likely reject you if you are using C3 for IAP, but I have since heard that has changed.

• Can someone please help? AS soon as I get a test ad working in c3 and can export out i want to go back to c3.

• Maybe stay off the videos a bit.

construct.net/en/tutorials

• i read the tutorials. it was broken. i got it fixed by changing the name of the project. who knows why. i have learned a lot from videos though. pretty much everything.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)