How do I do pop up in my game?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Relax and relieve stress by popping bubbles in Fidget Anti- Stress Releaser!
  • Hi! I would like to do a pop up in my game. When the player lost all his 3 lives, a "game over" pop up will appear (as in the pic). Do I create a new layer and how do I write in my event sheet to make the layer visible when the player lost all his lives? Thank u so much for yr help :)

• To check if the player has lost all their lives, use a variable and subtract 1 when the player loses a life. Then if that variable ever equals 0, then you can do the pop up.

As for actually making it pop up, you should use the tween behavior.

• To check if the player has lost all their lives, use a variable and subtract 1 when the player loses a life. Then if that variable ever equals 0, then you can do the pop up.

As for actually making it pop up, you should use the tween behavior.

Yup, I've already created an instance variable and the lives can subtract 1 when the player collide with the obstacle. I've tried making the pop up appear when the variable equals 0 but it doesn't seems to work... thanks for yr reply

• Do you mind sending a screenshot of your events?

• Do you mind sending a screenshot of your events?

Yup, no problem. I add event > system > make layer visible, but my layer (name:pop up) does not appear in the option. I have no idea why...

• You have to type layer number or name, in this case 1 or "Pop up" (with quotation marks). I recommend using layer name, because if you add more layers in the future, you won't need to update layer numbers in your code.

Also, on your screenshot you are adding a condition Is layer visible. I believe you need to add an action Set layer visible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have to type layer number or name, in this case 1 or "Pop up" (with quotation marks). I recommend using layer name, because if you add more layers in the future, you won't need to update layer numbers in your code.

Also, on your screenshot you are adding a condition Is layer visible. I believe you need to add an action Set layer visible.

yup, I've successfully done it but now the pop up won't disappear. ahaha

• yup, I've successfully done it but now the pop up won't disappear. ahaha

You should make a button or something so that the player can close the pop up. And for that just make the layer invisible.

• > yup, I've successfully done it but now the pop up won't disappear. ahaha

You should make a button or something so that the player can close the pop up. And for that just make the layer invisible.

okie thank u

• Hi, a lot of games on my channel use a game over dialog.

Maybe this helps

youtube.com/channel/UCZ6QjvqEs9dR2miRnfFqIpQ

cheers!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)