my player goes out from the view :(

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The ultimate voice pack filled with 1,536 files of .......wav and mp3 of individual numbers, letters, and words (that go
  • hi I'm new here :)

I have a problem that I can't solve right away, not even by consulting your forum.

I'm doing a horizontal shoot em up video game, where the camera goes all the way through the level, until the end, without following the player, Gradius style.

the problem is that the player always exits from the visible part, both to the left and to the right.

How do I make the player move only in the visible part?

• you could make a sprite a few pixels out of the view and give it the solid behavior its what i did in my platformer so i dont know about shoot em ups

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Heh. Gradius brings back some memories. ;)

Take a look at the Glokar game included with C3. Similar game, but moving vertical.

In the ePlayer event sheet, it uses events that constrain the ship to viewport.

Hope that helps.

• Thank you very much Lancifer :))

Unfortunately ,looking at Glokar's ePlayer sheet, I didn t find anything, not even in the player movement section :((

even copying the entire player movement, unfortunately my spacecraft always goes off the screen, both to the right and to the left :((

I am desperate

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)