Platformer wall jump & animation issue?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • So I've decided to add this mechanic where you can "spend" your double jump on a dash instead if you want. Everything works, except when it doesn't.

Animation in Construct has always been a problem for me, and when I finally fixed it and started adding more stuff, new problems emerged.

When I dash on the rising part of a jump, it dashes, but doesn't play the dash animation, rather it just plays the jump animation again. When I dash on the falling portion, it plays just fine. There's nothing that says "when jumping, play the dash", since you can dash whether on the ground OR in the air. It just says "when you press shift, you dash".

The wall jump is an even worse problem. When you wall jump, you stick to a wall, slowly slide down, then you press jump, and you kick off the wall. Everything there works fine. However, for some reason, it doesn't play my wall-jump animation at all, and it only kicks off the wall after a second consecutive wall jump. I don't understand.

These things have cause some minor burnout trying to fix,

Please help, thank you.

• You need to post your project file so people can troubleshoot it. Animation triggers can be a bit confusing, especially when incorporating custom movements with the platform behaviour. Post your file and people will be able to have a look at it and help. Otherwise there is no way to troubleshoot.

• You need to post your project file so people can troubleshoot it. Animation triggers can be a bit confusing, especially when incorporating custom movements with the platform behaviour. Post your file and people will be able to have a look at it and help. Otherwise there is no way to troubleshoot.

Will do... How do I do that?

• save your project file to any cloud storage (Google drive, OneDrive etc.) and then make it shareable via link and add the link here.

• save your project file to any cloud storage (Google drive, OneDrive etc.) and then make it shareable via link and add the link here.

drive.google.com/file/d/14V6VrVnXUY0B6a5CkHV6j6ikVOnuWSXb/view

Here you are.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ìt's because you have conflicting conditions and events, if platform is jumping, the animation will be set to jump on every frame, "is jumping" is triggered on every frame where your momentum is upwards, so it will overwrite a dash

maybe try using one-time triggers with a green arrow instead of setting the animation on everyframe or "is not doing x" can get pretty complicated

• Thank you! You're officially life saver #1.

• ìt's because you have conflicting conditions and events, if platform is jumping, the animation will be set to jump on every frame, "is jumping" is triggered on every frame where your momentum is upwards, so it will overwrite a dash

maybe try using one-time triggers with a green arrow instead of setting the animation on everyframe or "is not doing x" can get pretty complicated

You just helped me rethink some of my choices. I just fixed the wall-jumping, too. By giving the option to double-jump during a wall-slide, it's overriding an actual wall-jump. I simply put the ability to wall jump after the 10*delta time, which fixed the wall jump without fail.

Thank you very very much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)