My pinned object is off by .1 px when mirrored

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi, for some reason my pinned object (Bandana) is off by .1 px from the image point when the player/it is mirrored.

I had it working before. I haven't been able to identify the problem so far.

Any thoughts?

Here is my .capx: http://dforms.ca/MGC-165.c3p

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Image point position maybe

• Hi Savvito, yea that's the first thing I checked and everything seems to be in the right place regarding the image points for both player animations and bandana animations.

Edit:

I've just noticed that the Bandana is off even when not mirrored.

Edit 2:

And this pixel is not 1x1. Could be related.

• I've just spent another two hours trying to understand what is going on. As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything right. Are pinned objects off when mirrored regardless?

• The guy's head is probably not exactly centred so when you mirror the guy is offset

• it looks like a floating point error to me, I'Ve experienced this before and its kinda frustrating to fix if you want an easy fix turn on pixel rounding

• lionz I thought it didn't matter as long as I was using image points. The documentation doesn't mention anything about having to center objects when using the pin behavior.

eleanorjmorel I ran into issues early on when using pixel rounding and opted to have it turned off. Regardless, I tried with pixel rounding and got the same result plus some jittering when jumping. I'm worried that turning it on now will cause other problems.

I don't know what the cause is, but I'm convinced at this point that my bandana's offset issue is related to the player sprite's width being modified on runtime.

I am currently comparing my version 165 to my version 162. In v162 the player sprite is not deformed and the bandana is positioned properly.

Edit:

I give up. I'm reverting to my version 162 and pick up from there. Thank you for trying to help guys.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)