How do I Pick ALL Instances with the same Instance Variable?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Pick Up Items Sound effects for your game, Take them for a ride right now and you will worry no more.
  • So Basically in the layout would have like 12 instances of one object. But there are divided like this:

4 of them have a Instance variable with value = "Apple"

2 of them = "banana"

2 of them = "orange"

3 of them = "watermelon"

So, basically its a Multiplayer Game, but i am trying to divide by team. As I said before. And I want to divide this team in 5 each per player and it can be totally randomly to enter a team, but I don't want any team to have 5 or more players so I have to change the team. I can't figure out how to inspect the team and see how much players from the team are and them if more than 5 move to another team.

• This doesn't make much sense, could you rephrase or add more info. The values you provided don't add up to 12 but even ignoring that I don't see how instances with those values relate to a team of 5 players. The title of the post doesn't really match anything I've read.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • sprite var = "orange"

ForEach Sprite

Then tell it what to do.

I have a short ForEach video that breaks down a group based on a boolean variable (Plu it does random and .2 second gap) If you want some extra visuals you can check it out:

youtu.be/QBp9qqq47y4

• This doesn't make much sense, could you rephrase or add more info. The values you provided don't add up to 12 but even ignoring that I don't see how instances with those values relate to a team of 5 players. The title of the post doesn't really match anything I've read.

I wrote wrong! It was supposed to be 2 teams with 3 players and only 1 team with 2 players. Sorry.

• So did the other post resolve the problem?

• So did the other post resolve the problem?

I don't tested it yet

• Use "Pick by comparison" and then enter the variable value you want to compare.

• Not working any of the tips of you guys...

Its a Multiplayer game, and i made this way:

Host Group:

- On peer connected

-- Normal Multiplayer Mechanics*

-- Call function "teamup" with params (0= 0) (1= player.id)

- On function:

-- player var "team" = (function.param(0))

--- pick by comparison

---- Compare player.picked count >= Max Player Per Team

-------- Call function "teamup" with params (0= self.param(0)+1) (1= player.id)*****

----Else

-------- player set var "team" to function.param(0)

But for some reason here (*****) the function don't start again. Yes it is supposed to be a loop, I know there is loops made, but this is the only way i found right to do.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)