How do I pick an instance that is on a visible layer with one condition (and without For Each)?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Pick Up Items Sound effects for your game, Take them for a ride right now and you will worry no more.
  • As title

• If nothing picked in condition every instance will be executed in action related to them. What kind of condition you want to filter an instance?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If nothing picked in condition every instance will be executed in action related to them. What kind of condition you want to filter an instance?

I want an event to pick instances that are on a visible layer.

For example, i'm using these conditions for the time being:

- For Each Instance

- Layer Instance.LayerName is visible

This works very poorly as i would like to follow with another event using Else, and i would like not to use for each when not really necessary.

It would be great to be able to test if a layer is visible directly in an expression, is that possible?

• Like this?

• Like this?

I mean directly picking instances as an expression, something like: pick objects if object.layer = visible (i made this up ofc).

• able to test if a layer is visible directly in an expression

For some unknown reason Construct doesn't have such boolean conditions.

You can make a function which checks if a layer is visible, and use it in "Pick by evaluate" expression.

• > able to test if a layer is visible directly in an expression

For some unknown reason Construct doesn't have such boolean conditions.

You can make a function which checks if a layer is visible, and use it in "Pick by evaluate" expression.

Why i didn't think about it? Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)