Physics torque not working?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • hey, i wanna make it so that when i click, my object will use physics to turn towards where im clicking/holding down my mouse. i thought it would be as simple as having the condition "Left button is down" activate the event "apply physics torque x towards (Mouse.X, Mouse.Y)". but this didnt seem to work, any help?

• hey, i wanna make it so that when i click, my object will use physics to turn towards where im clicking/holding down my mouse. i thought it would be as simple as having the condition "Left button is down" activate the event "apply physics torque x towards (Mouse.X, Mouse.Y)". but this didnt seem to work, any help?

forgot to mention as well, its not an issue of not enough force, ive tried setting it all the way up to 5000 with nothing different happening.

• Is your event sheet connected to the layout with the ship on it? Do you have more than one ship? I check the basic stuff first.

yours

winkr7

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is your event sheet connected to the layout with the ship on it? Do you have more than one ship? I check the basic stuff first.

yours

winkr7

yep, there is literally 3 things on screen, the ship, a test physics object for the ship to interact with, and a tiled background. and everything else works, just not the turning.

• Make sure immovable in your physics behavior is disabled.

• it is because the ship can move around with WASD like i want it to, but if i try to click to make it turn, nothing happens.

• heres the full event sheet so far

• heres the full event sheet so far

everything but the clicking to turn the ship works here.

• everything but the clicking to turn the ship works here.

actually wait, the physobject also doesnt turn when it is created.

• Works fine for me. Your events seems to be correct. There has to be something else that prevent your object from rotating.

• Works fine for me. Your events seems to be correct. There has to be something else that prevent your object from rotating.

i have no clue anymore, can i send you the project tmmr? i honestly dont know why it wont work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)